What to do when you get a traffic ticket
After an officer hands you a speeding ticket or any ticket in Florida it is important to know what to do next. The most important things to remember after receiving a traffic ticket in Florida are:
- You have 30 days to act,
- If you do not act within 30 days your license may be suspended and you will have to pay more
- Mark 30 days down in your calendar so you do not forget
- Write down what happened,
- The more information you write down the better
- Where was the police officer, was it raining, what was the traffic like, etc.
- You may not need to recall what happened for 60 days, by that time memory fades so write it down right away
- Decide how you want to act, and
- Pay the ticket- receive points, be convicted; (THIS IS NOT ALWAYS YOUR BEST OPTION!)
- Elect traffic school if you are eligible- pay school costs and certificate fees, spend 4 hours in school, & pay fine, or
- Fight the ticket- You may do this on your own, or if you do not want to spend hours waiting in court, hire a Jacksonville Traffic Ticket Attorney to fight for you!
- Act within 30 days!
- DO NOT FORGET TO ACT WITHIN 30 DAYS
- If you wait longer than 30 days your license may be suspended
- If you wait longer than 30 days you will have to pay more
- If it is over 30 days we can still help but the clock is ticking. The longer you wait the worse it will be.
Hire a Jacksonville Traffic Ticket Attorney to Fight For You
Hiring a Jacksonville Traffic Ticket Attorney to fight for you may be your best option. There are a lot of laws and procedures that must be followed when fighting a traffic ticket. A Jacksonville Traffic Ticket Attorney knows the ins and outs of Traffic Court and will argue for the best possible outcome.
Our services cost just $70 for most traffic tickets and comes with a money back guarantee.* restrictions apply (see fee agreement for full details)
Hire us Now and let us do the rest. HIRE US NOW